Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kits in Canada?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test kits in Canada?

Okay!! so I'm wondering if anyone has figured out an easy way to get a TF-100 kit in Canada?? i've seen it talked about on here but it was peeps living in southern Ontario, close to the border, who were going across to get it? The only thing I can find locally is Taylor 2005, for about $200 cdn :>((
    and does anyone know the difference between K2005 and K2006 kits ?
    14 x 28 IG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 3/4hp pump, auto puck chlorinater,(used only when away) Hayward Natural gas heater, vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kits in Canada?

K2006 is THE one to get. The 2005 lacks the powder FC test that will go high enough for what we do here at TFP.

Yeah to get a TF-100 you need to do some driving

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

so is there a problem having someone in the U.S. buying it and simply putting it in the mail to Can., or would that for some reason warrant flogging in Guantanamo Bay?? :>))
    14 x 28 IG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 3/4hp pump, auto puck chlorinater,(used only when away) Hayward Natural gas heater, vinyl liner

4. Back To Top    #4

It's a Taylor rights thing. Now if you know someone, or head south for a good BBQ or something, and someone ordered the TF-100 for you, then hey .... take it home. No flogging required.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

so who makes the tf100 kit?? it does not come up on ebay, amazon etc. ???

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by shockman View Post
    so who makes the tf100 kit?? it does not come up on ebay, amazon etc. ???
    Dave S. (@duraleigh) is the owner of TFP and TFTestKits.net. He is the one that sells the TF kits and other assorted pool goodies. The TF test kits can not be sold outside the US. Your only source of a K-2006 in Canada is from Lowry & Associates as they have an exclusive distribution agreement with Taylor Technologies.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

However we should also point-out that the TF-100 is made-up of Taylor reagents and products, simply packaged differently and under the TF-100 brand. In actuality, you receive MORE reagents with the TF-100 than with the original Taylor K-2006. Just sayin'..
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Remember, this isn't a legal situation as a civil situation. You probably wouldn't do time for bringing a bunch in (though you may get hit for not paying Canadian taxes on it) but Lowry could take you to court. So the person bringing the kits in would get sued and then if Lowry took their complaint to Taylor then they could cut ties with Dave, thus depriving the rest of us of the TF-100.

But Shockman, if you want to go in to the bootleg TF-100 business I won't stop you. If you need a runner car while you bring your tractor trailer of TF-100s across the border I can get a Trans Am and start growing my mustache out.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson View Post
    Remember, this isn't a legal situation as a civil situation. You probably wouldn't do time for bringing a bunch in (though you may get hit for not paying Canadian taxes on it) but Lowry could take you to court. So the person bringing the kits in would get sued and then if Lowry took their complaint to Taylor then they could cut ties with Dave, thus depriving the rest of us of the TF-100.

But Shockman, if you want to go in to the bootleg TF-100 business I won't stop you. If you need a runner car while you bring your tractor trailer of TF-100s across the border I can get a Trans Am and start growing my mustache out.
    Could maybe be the start of a new NASCAR type racing

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Let them truckers roll!!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

Northbound and down, 18 wheels a rollin!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

xxx.ebay.ca/usr/vminnovations?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

I bought mine from this guy, best price I could find on the 2006C, Lowry's was over 350 bucks for this kit....BLASPHEMY !
    1999, 18x36 29k Gal, IG Vinyl, Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Pentair SD80 Sand Filter, Pentair Millivolt 250m NG Heater
    2007, Hydropool H625 Platinum, 3HP/4HP pumps, Balboa Spa pack, Poly Planar Stereo c/w pop up speakers

13. Back To Top    #13

ECON-101 - "Monopolies are bad for the consumer"

Makes you wonder why this one is allowed to persist....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

deep pockets provided by test kit buyers.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

15. Back To Top    #15

I'm in ontario myself. Luckily I had a visit to the states last year and got my kit then. Locally, Acapulco pools sells all of the Taylor refill kits, though I haven't had to refill mine yet, so I can't comment on pricing.

25k gal IG Vinyl, 18 x 36, installed 1992
    AquaRite T-15 SWG
    1HP Hayward SuperPump SP2607X10A, Hayward S220T sand filter
    250k BTU Teledyne Lars gas heater
    Zodiac G4, PoolSkim