CHINA GROVE
PH= 7.4
CHLORINE DPD-1 = 3.0
TA= 59
CYA = OFF THE CHARTS AT 120

To date I'm using chlorine sticks in the feeder in the pump room
20x40 pool appx 26000 gal. water
avg depth 4.25

PH was low (at 6.6) so I used PH up and raised it to 7.0, then later in the week added soda ash to bring it up to 7.4
In the last 45 days I have drained below tile lines twice and refilled (appx 1/4 drain).
Low amount of bather load, any suggestions on how to get the CYA down w/o having to use the water drain/refill?? Drought is horrible here, and I don't want to waste water!

Welcome,

Unfortunately Kim is right :(. How are you testing? Some CYA tests are really way off so it could be better or worse than you suspect. Strips and Pools stores are usually wrong, our recommended test is only accurate up to about 100 so a 120 could be a lot worse. The test we recommend mixes pool water with a chemical and then is poured into a tube until a black dot disappears. If that's the test you're using let us know and we can tell you how to check over 100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.