1. Back To Top    #1

CYA high

PH= 7.4
    CHLORINE DPD-1 = 3.0
    TA= 59

To date I'm using chlorine sticks in the feeder in the pump room
    20x40 pool appx 26000 gal. water
    avg depth 4.25

PH was low (at 6.6) so I used PH up and raised it to 7.0, then later in the week added soda ash to bring it up to 7.4
    In the last 45 days I have drained below tile lines twice and refilled (appx 1/4 drain).
    Low amount of bather load, any suggestions on how to get the CYA down w/o having to use the water drain/refill?? Drought is horrible here, and I don't want to waste water!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: CYA high

I wish there was another way but the one product that is trying to say it lowers it has cause more problems and did not work like it said it would.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW MO

Re: CYA high

Unfortunately Kim is right . How are you testing? Some CYA tests are really way off so it could be better or worse than you suspect. Strips and Pools stores are usually wrong, our recommended test is only accurate up to about 100 so a 120 could be a lot worse. The test we recommend mixes pool water with a chemical and then is poured into a tube until a black dot disappears. If that's the test you're using let us know and we can tell you how to check over 100.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320