Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to fix air assembly leak on my Sand Filter TR100

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to fix air assembly leak on my Sand Filter TR100

Hi everyone,

I have a Triton TR100 sand filter, and I noticed the other day that the little clear plastic part at the top of the filter where the pressure gauge is located is leaking. It looks like there are 2 or 3 pinhole sized leaks, and while it doesn't look like a major leak of water I want to get it fixed.

I orginally stumbled upon this part on Amazon which looked perfect:

Amazon.com : Pentair 273564 Manual Air Relief Assembly Replacement Pool and Spa Sand Filter : Swimming Pool Filter Valves : Patio, Lawn Garden

However, the notes say that this is specifically for the "C" units and would not fit mine (someone also indicated the same thing in the questions section). So the problem is I'm not sure which one will work for my unit.

Does anyone have experience with replacing this part on the TR100 and locating the right equipment?

Thanks for your help.
    28k gallon AG pebble sheen, Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, Intelliflo 3HP, SWG, TF-100 test kit, spa
    Pool installed 2005/2006 (we bought house in summer 2014 so our knowledge of pool history is limited)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to fix air assembly leak on my Sand Filter TR100

here's the manual: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/TritonIIOM.pdf

Check page 16/17 of the pdf. It looks like that is the right one Manual air relief body assy. Item # 3 on page 17.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    here's the manual: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/TritonIIOM.pdf

Check page 16/17 of the pdf. It looks like that is the right one Manual air relief body assy. Item # 3 on page 17.
    Thanks @bobodaclown - but that is for the "C" model which is not the one I have. When you look at the equivalent part (that I can find) for the TR100 it doesn't seem to come with the plastic housing (which is the part that is actually leaking on my filter).
    28k gallon AG pebble sheen, Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, Intelliflo 3HP, SWG, TF-100 test kit, spa
    Pool installed 2005/2006 (we bought house in summer 2014 so our knowledge of pool history is limited)

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an original Triton (not the II) TR60 from the late 80's, and the parts for the current model fit fairly closely. Not sure if that helps with the C models though.
    2016 total pool rebuild thread: here. Pool: 26,000 gal IG vinyl liner (20'x40') in Madison, WI. Gear: ​Superflo VS, Triton TR-60 filter, 2" hi-flow MPV, & Raypak 266A heater. Testing: Taylor K-2006C. Manual chems: 12.5% NaClO liquid, granular CYA, baking soda, 31.25% muriatic acid.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by MitchRyan912 View Post
    I have an original Triton (not the II) TR60 from the late 80's, and the parts for the current model fit fairly closely. Not sure if that helps with the C models though.
    Thanks @MitchRyan912 - I'm surprised how tricky it is to find this (exact matching) part given how common I thought the TR100 (and related products) were.

6. Back To Top    #6

Why not call them (Pentair) directly:
    Customer Service and Technical Support, USA
    (8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. — Eastern/Pacific Times)
    Phone: (800) 831-7133

Ask them directly for the correct part.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida