im so mad i hate my pool now

Jul 23, 2015
harlingen,tx
Hi everyone my name is Sandra and I'm new at this. I have had an above ground pool for 5 yrs now and right now I hate my pool. Lol , I had to dump it had,severe algae now the pool legs have sunk in ground , idk what to put in,gonna have to move it a few inches I guess .upgraded to a Hayward sand filter . My pool looks brand new on the inside now after I scrubbed the daylights out of it I put 13 bags of shock spent 80$ and I still had to drain. Ufg I'm so done with this.. Help any suggestions thanks

Hey there Sandra... it doesn't have to be so difficult. The folks here can help get you back in shape and save a TON of money on pool care. Instead of expensive pool store products, most of us use the very same chemicals yet found in your local H.E.B.. And the best part is is that they don't also contain unwanted chemicals that can cause problems.
First off, we need to know how you're testing your water? We prefer one of two reliable test kits (TF-100 or Taylors 2006) because using one of them means we're all on the same page for lingo and results. Some pool stores test and tell you your level is "good" but we need actual numbers to work on. The TF-100 is avail through TFTestkits.net and the Taylor K-2006 can be had there also or from Amazon (and occasionally locally). The most important part of it is the FAS-DPD chlorine test, it goes up to 50ppm which is important when you're trying to clear up algae.
Try to get us some good test results for FC, CC, pH, CH, TA, and CYA and we'll go from there :)