Wet Trichlor Pucks

amccleskey

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2014
Sugar Hill, GA
Hi all. I have some old trichlor pucks I was hanging on to for vacations, etc. They were stored under a deck area in what I thought was a tightly sealed bucket, but I found they had gotten wet inside the bucket. The gas these things are putting off is knock you down strong. I took the bucket out in our yard to start letting them dry and it killed the grass where the bucket was sitting in less than a minute...literally. I've never seen anything like it. The grass went brown that fast. Anyway, I let them dry completely I thought, but I just went to open the bucket to get one out to use and the fumes are unbelievably strong. I can't even get close to the bucket now that the lids is off. I put on a respirator to try, but the fumes burnt my eyes and I had to get away. I'm not sure what to do with them at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First off, you need to take the lid off and keep it off. The fumes you are smelling is chlorine gas and it is building up inside the sealed bucket.

How many pucks are we talking about here? How big is the bucket holding them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it away from your house, people and pets. Those trichlor tabs are emitting chlorine fumes and any liquid in the bucket with be very acidic.

Once they dry out you can still use them but their strength will be unknown. You might just be better off disposing of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.