New pool owner with newly filled pool

Jul 23, 2015
Ohio
Ok, I finally figured out how to post. Mow my question: my pool gets sunlight pretty much all day long except late evening. We have been adding chlorine like no body's business everyday. Yesterday after we tested the chlorine it read o.5ppm and we noticed a slight green hue in places so we decided to put excess chlorine in to attempt to stop that. After running all water tests today my numbers are as follows:
FC:12.5
CC: 1.5ish
TA: 170
CYA: 0
pH: 8.2

So I know the CC is too high but I'm really not sure what to do from here!!

thanks

Welcome to TFP!

You have some organics in the pool consuming your FC, but the Sun is taking a lot with no Cya if that number is correct. How are you testing the water? Meaning, what type of kit do you have exactly?

Welcome. Is your pool oval or rectangular? We need to figure how many gallons and then we'll get some good advice for you based on chemistry and science!

You definitely need some CYA to buffer the chlorine from the sunlight. When FC is below 10 check PH again, your reading is a little high but that could be because FC is high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.