Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Service-Timed Mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Service-Timed Mode

Hi all. Can someone double check if I'm understanding Service-Timed Mode on my Hayward automation system correctly? Assuming my pump is set to run everyday from 7pm to 3am, if I put the system in STM and turn the pump on at 8am, my understanding is it will run for 3 hours and then turn pump off at 11am, and then come back on at the normal time of 7pm. Is this correct? I want to know that the pump will not be running all day if I need to turn on in the morning to get extra cleaning time after a storm, if if I want to add acid in the morning. Does it matter if I turn the pump on first, or should I put the system in STM first? The manual does a poor job at explaining how to use exactly. Thanks.
    22,000 gallon IG plaster pool, raised spa w/spillover, variable speed EcoStar pump, natural gas heater, 60 SF DE filter, SWG (all Hayward), AquaLogic automated controller, Kreepy Krawly, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Service-Timed Mode

Quote Originally Posted by thomearl View Post
    Assuming my pump is set to run everyday from 7pm to 3am, if I put the system in STM and turn the pump on at 8am, my understanding is it will run for 3 hours and then turn pump off at 11am, and then come back on at the normal time of 7pm. Is this correct?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by thomearl
    I want to know that the pump will not be running all day if I need to turn on in the morning to get extra cleaning time after a storm, if if I want to add acid in the morning.
    After 3 hours, the service timed mode will automatically switch back to normal automated operation and operate according to the set timers.

Quote Originally Posted by thomearl
    Does it matter if I turn the pump on first, or should I put the system in STM first?
    Put it in STM first, and then turn on the filter. I think that if you turn the pump on first, it might stay on after STM because it was turned on during automatic mode.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Service-Timed Mode

Great. Thanks for your help!
    22,000 gallon IG plaster pool, raised spa w/spillover, variable speed EcoStar pump, natural gas heater, 60 SF DE filter, SWG (all Hayward), AquaLogic automated controller, Kreepy Krawly, TF-100 Test Kit