Perplexed and frustrated. Please help!

Your CYA/stabilizer can be added anytime regardless of pH. Did you get liquid or granular?

Okay. Not sure where your read A was better than C, but be prepared to buy more reagents. The 0.75 bottles won't last long. 00871 especially.

A tad more MA wouldn't hurt. Just a TAD!!! Low pH is one of the biggest no-no's!!!

2nd question: what does your water currently look like?

Here are a couple pics.

Okay then. You are going to have to slam that baby. Your pH should be in range. As soon as you add that CYA and get it to 30/40, buy lots of bleach. Check the freshness, either listed as a date, or as a code like 15210 which is the 210th day of 2015.

I would also recommend getting more 0871 and maybe some DPD powder. You could run out and you will need it eventually anyway.

Even though it looks like the river on St Patrick's day, I am actually feeling really excited and proud right now. Just retested the pH and CYA. pH is still 7.4 and CYA is about 35. Finally feel like I'm making progress and there are some accomplishments. Was starting to doubt myself but I have some renewed spirit. THANK YOU!!

Just checked the the chlorine/CYA chart and will be SLAMming the pool at an FC level of 15. I have the ClearRx Pool Shock with 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite. According to pool math I should add 1 and 1/3 gallons. Will be starting that now.

3.5 ft depth, volume - 10.5K. Just tested! (Adding my math so I know I'm testing correctly.

FC - 29 drops x .2 = 5.8
CC - 9 drops x .2 = 1.8. (Obviously we have a BIG problem!)

need to to add more chlorine...

out of 12.5%. Starting with 10%. Here we go...

Last edited:
Lots O' Bleach. You really need to order more reagents!!! In the meantime, use a 10 ml sample of pool water for your FC/CC. Each drop counts as 0.5 instead of 0.2. You only need to do the 25ml test when you are REALLY ready to do your OCLT. Save your reagents!!!

Will keep that in mind next time...

FC - 17 x .2 = 3.4
CC - 3 x .2 = .6. (Much better!)

Looks much better too! Adding more chlorine before I go to work.

I have run out of space and can't upload anymore more pics. How do I delete previously used pics from my attachments section?

- - - Updated - - -

Will keep that in mind next time...

FC - 17 x .2 = 3.4
CC - 3 x .2 = .6. (Much better!)

Looks much better too! Adding more chlorine before I go to work.

I have run out of space and can't upload anymore more pics. How do I delete previously used pics from my attachments section?

here we go!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can use photobucket or such to upload pics.

Look in my siggy for where to buy the stuff you are going to need to get to keep your SLAM going. Most pool stores do not have the powder.

I can't wait to see daily pics to watch you clear this!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.