Yet another pool build in Texas

Jul 21, 2015
Mckinney
Sorry in advance for all the photos, but we're pretty excited about this!

My wife and I are in the process of building a pool!! It seems I'm too late to fix some of the issues that I've seen recommended on this website but hopefully not too many!

The gunite trucks were here on Tuesday and electricians were here this morning.

Equipment: Jandy 2.0 variable speed pump.. Jandy cartridge 460 SF Rainbow 320, RS-PS4 + IQ20-A.. Polaris 280 White/Blue, Polaris 3/4 HP.. Jandy JE3000T-R.. Polaris 15 HP (I have no idea what any of that means..)

We don't have the possibility of natural gas so we had to go with the heat pump, after reading here for just the little time that I have, I see that this isn't well liked around here. So hopefully we have better luck!...

I also see the love for the robot cleaners and wish I would have found myself to this site earlier, but everything is installed and I just have to deal with it until we either get used to the polaris or go and get a robot cleaner.

We're in Mckinney just north of Dallas.

Here are our finishes, we wanted a tile that would blend in and not be all that noticed, and the coping will be overlapping about an inch anyway so the tile won't be that visible. The glass tile will just be on the spa spill way and will be an understated accent piece. The pool finish will be the same exact one that is in the coping example.

Our coping will be exactly like this (hopefully!)

And finally this is the great dane that is super upset because she is very routine driven and has no backyard to go to the bathroom in right now...

And one when she was younger and I was very upset with her!

A DANE! A BLUE DANE!!! I had a blue dane named Freddy aka Moose. He was a neglect case that the shelter asked me to take in and "fix" health and mind. He was the best dog ever BUT was VERY thunder phobic. We got his weight up and his mind straight. For the thunder we made a "cave" for him in one of the bedrooms. He could go in there and felt safe. We always knew when a storm was on the way. Freddy would go to his cave and chill until it passed. He lived to age 7 yrs. and went to sleep and did not wake up the next morning :( He was much loved and is still missed.

The mud picture! LOL "What Dad? I was just having fun!" LOL

Now to the pool-------love those finishes. Very different and should stand out in the pool world.

Kim

The finish will be pebble. We wanted a pool that blended in a little more rather than stand out. So the tile should be a normal transition from the pebble to the coping and the pool builder talked us into the glass tile which is understated compared to most glass tiles but will provide a good "pop" to make it a little more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful choices I can't wait to see this one completed. Hopefully your beautiful pup will take some interest in the pool. Our son decided the pool was way better than a swing set.
PS - Love the builder modeling. Does your pool really come with someone to grill? :)

Our builder talked us into it! We wanted a pool that blended in more than it was "in your face" so we were just going to go with the larger tile all throughout. He thought that we could have more of a compromise and since he designs pools for a living we just went for it, and we couldn't be happier about it now!

5b712e360cb7ec578e324a15ba0cd807.jpg
5f1660898f33a61ab01275d1115c23df.jpg

Dry stack went up

More importantly I need to blame this community for my wife and I changing our mind on our decking and spending more money! We are now getting travertine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.