Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another pool build in Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Yet another pool build in Texas

Sorry in advance for all the photos, but we're pretty excited about this!

My wife and I are in the process of building a pool!! It seems I'm too late to fix some of the issues that I've seen recommended on this website but hopefully not too many!

The gunite trucks were here on Tuesday and electricians were here this morning.

Equipment: Jandy 2.0 variable speed pump.. Jandy cartridge 460 SF Rainbow 320, RS-PS4 + IQ20-A.. Polaris 280 White/Blue, Polaris 3/4 HP.. Jandy JE3000T-R.. Polaris 15 HP (I have no idea what any of that means..)

We don't have the possibility of natural gas so we had to go with the heat pump, after reading here for just the little time that I have, I see that this isn't well liked around here. So hopefully we have better luck!...

I also see the love for the robot cleaners and wish I would have found myself to this site earlier, but everything is installed and I just have to deal with it until we either get used to the polaris or go and get a robot cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yet another pool build in Texas

Nice pool....my god the size of that dog!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

you may like that heat pump around Aug when you can flip it to cool
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool looks great! What part of Texas are you in?
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah. I thought you were having a spa, but I realize it's the dog's water bowl.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

More pics please! Of the dog! LOL Mastiff?

What finishes have you picked out?

Thanks for sharing you build with us!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

We're in Mckinney just north of Dallas.

Here are our finishes, we wanted a tile that would blend in and not be all that noticed, and the coping will be overlapping about an inch anyway so the tile won't be that visible. The glass tile will just be on the spa spill way and will be an understated accent piece. The pool finish will be the same exact one that is in the coping example.

Our coping will be exactly like this (hopefully!)

And finally this is the great dane that is super upset because she is very routine driven and has no backyard to go to the bathroom in right now...

And one when she was younger and I was very upset with her!

8. Back To Top    #8

A DANE! A BLUE DANE!!! I had a blue dane named Freddy aka Moose. He was a neglect case that the shelter asked me to take in and "fix" health and mind. He was the best dog ever BUT was VERY thunder phobic. We got his weight up and his mind straight. For the thunder we made a "cave" for him in one of the bedrooms. He could go in there and felt safe. We always knew when a storm was on the way. Freddy would go to his cave and chill until it passed. He lived to age 7 yrs. and went to sleep and did not wake up the next morning He was much loved and is still missed.

The mud picture! LOL "What Dad? I was just having fun!" LOL

Now to the pool-------love those finishes. Very different and should stand out in the pool world.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

What a great dog pic!

Boy, that tile seems really unique! Can't wait to see it installed! What will be your pool finish? Plaster, Pebble?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

10. Back To Top    #10

The finish will be pebble. We wanted a pool that blended in a little more rather than stand out. So the tile should be a normal transition from the pebble to the coping and the pool builder talked us into the glass tile which is understated compared to most glass tiles but will provide a good "pop" to make it a little more interesting.

20k gallons with spa, IG pebble, CL460 cartridge filter, JEP20 variable speed pump POLPB4-60 booster pump, JE3000TR heat pump, pool fill 10/9/2015, TF-100 test kit. North Tx

11. Back To Top    #11

That is a gorgeous pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Surprise visit by some tile guys this afternoon! Was told next week we'll have stonework started.

13. Back To Top    #13

Got to love surprises like that!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Beautiful choices I can't wait to see this one completed. Hopefully your beautiful pup will take some interest in the pool. Our son decided the pool was way better than a swing set.
    PS - Love the builder modeling. Does your pool really come with someone to grill?
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

15. Back To Top    #15

No the pool doesn't come with someone to grill, but we are accepting application at the moment!

16. Back To Top    #16

Glass tile!!

Coping and stone next, I have a feeling this will take much longer than I want it to!!

17. Back To Top    #17

If there were a thing called "understated bling" you just nailed it with that glass tile.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

It sure looks like they did a good job. Look at those lines and grout! NICE WORK!
    Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Our builder talked us into it! We wanted a pool that blended in more than it was "in your face" so we were just going to go with the larger tile all throughout. He thought that we could have more of a compromise and since he designs pools for a living we just went for it, and we couldn't be happier about it now!

20. Back To Top    #20

Dry stack went up

More importantly I need to blame this community for my wife and I changing our mind on our decking and spending more money! We are now getting travertine!!

20k gallons with spa, IG pebble, CL460 cartridge filter, JEP20 variable speed pump POLPB4-60 booster pump, JE3000TR heat pump, pool fill 10/9/2015, TF-100 test kit. North Tx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast