Trying to get my SWG pool under control after opening...

Jul 19, 2015
Jacksonville/NC
Hi all! My husband and I are new to pool care. Got a used 16'x4ft Intex Ultraframe pool, came with an Intex SWG and an Intex Sand Filter. I was out of state at the time so my husband set up & opened it. After about a week there was an algae bloom. I found this site and after studying for a few days began a SLAM. I just got my TF100 in the mail and tested, results as follows;
FC = 16.5
CC = 1.5
TC = 18.0
TA = 110ppm
CYA = 30 ( started at 0, added stabilizer to bring it to 80 yesterday)
Salt Test = 3300ppm

before I do anything else, can talk tell me what you recommend so I'm not spinning my wheels. I've got 4 kids pestering me nonstop to get the pool back open. TIA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 24
With CC of 1.5 there is definitely something in the pool that needs slamming. But, the water is clear. So, swim-n-slam is fine. Hold you chlorine 1 ppm below shock level for your CYA and swim away. We swam every day for a week and a half while slamming a few weeks ago. CYA was 70 and FC was 25-28. Chlorine CYA Chart

Hi all! My husband and I are new to pool care. Got a used 16'x4ft Intex Ultraframe pool, came with an Intex SWG and an Intex Sand Filter. I was out of state at the time so my husband set up & opened it. After about a week there was an algae bloom. I found this site and after studying for a few days began a SLAM. I just got my TF100 in the mail and tested, results as follows;
FC = 16.5
CC = 1.5
TC = 18.0
TA = 110ppm
CYA = 30 ( started at 0, added stabilizer to bring it to 80 yesterday)
Salt Test = 3300ppm

before I do anything else, can talk tell me what you recommend so I'm not spinning my wheels. I've got 4 kids pestering me nonstop to get the pool back open. TIA

So last night at nightfall I added roughly 75oz of bleach to bring the FC up to 28-29.
tested before bed and FC = 29, CC = 1.5
tested this morning, FC = 26.5, CC = 1.0

Hoping the SLAM will be done in another day or two *fingers crossed*

As for the test numbers for the rest ( above in quote) should I worry about them during the SLAM or wait til it's over?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.