Intex pump got loud all of the sudden...

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So my pump got loud just a few days ago...seems to be pumping just fine. Pressure seems ok, and the skimmer is clean. I tried backwashing/rinsing/etc...still loud....i searched the forums here and it seems the bearings may be bad/going bad. I'm about 2 months out of my 2 year warranty. I've got about 1300 hours on this thing and now its dying?

So my question is....is it safe to run? We were hoping to at least finish this season out since we dont have the money to replace it this year...can i just run it until it dies? Intex said if we mail it to them (we pay shipping) they would replace it for free...but they said it would be expensive to ship (insinuating it wasnt worth it) but the person on the phone had bad english.

Noise from mine comes and goes. It was loud at the end of last year and the beginning of this year, and I was convinced it was on its last legs. And them it got really quiet again for a few weeks. And then last night I noticed it was loud again. I'm just going to run it until it quits, then go get another one. I don't expect a lot for $150.

Mine is LOUD and like yours is 4 weeks out of warranty. This actually my second pump as the first went out during the warranty and Intex replaced. I am thinking of biting the bullet and replacing it with a DE filter. Open to suggestions as replacing it every couple of years can get expensive as well as a major inconvenience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.