Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump got loud all of the sudden...

1. Back To Top    #1
    Raleigh, NC

Intex pump got loud all of the sudden...

So my pump got loud just a few days ago...seems to be pumping just fine. Pressure seems ok, and the skimmer is clean. I tried backwashing/rinsing/etc...still loud....i searched the forums here and it seems the bearings may be bad/going bad. I'm about 2 months out of my 2 year warranty. I've got about 1300 hours on this thing and now its dying?

So my question it safe to run? We were hoping to at least finish this season out since we dont have the money to replace it this year...can i just run it until it dies? Intex said if we mail it to them (we pay shipping) they would replace it for free...but they said it would be expensive to ship (insinuating it wasnt worth it) but the person on the phone had bad english.
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Edmond OK

Re: Intex pump got loud all of the sudden...

Noise from mine comes and goes. It was loud at the end of last year and the beginning of this year, and I was convinced it was on its last legs. And them it got really quiet again for a few weeks. And then last night I noticed it was loud again. I'm just going to run it until it quits, then go get another one. I don't expect a lot for $150.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Harrison Arkansas

Mine is LOUD and like yours is 4 weeks out of warranty. This actually my second pump as the first went out during the warranty and Intex replaced. I am thinking of biting the bullet and replacing it with a DE filter. Open to suggestions as replacing it every couple of years can get expensive as well as a major inconvenience.
    INTEX 18'x48" Ultra Frame Pool (6700 gallons)
    INTEX SF20110 Sand Filter Pump
    INTEX CS8110 Krystal Clear Saltwater System
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Hayward Skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

Check this out:

Had to do this myself a while back.

5. Back To Top    #5

Orlando, FL

If it is still within the warranty period and you have the receipt, contact Intex and they will send you a new one without much fuss.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

Killeen, Texas

Might be a good ideal to have a "loud" pump shortly before warranty periods end always