Looking for a skimmer for my pool (22 x 54") Intex pool

timlab

Jul 11, 2015
Aiken SC
Does anyone know where I can get a skimmer like this show in the picture and youtube?

If you can't see the skimmer you can view it here on youtube Intex 18 Pool Vacuuming Kit (9) - YouTube

My pool didn't come with a skimmer and I'm looking to purchase one. This skimmer interested me greatly as the top of the skimmer has a plate or clear top where you put the hose into and then on the bottom of the skimmer is where the pool hose hooks up to.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 105
Nope this is not the one. The one in the video shows it have a plastic/clear top to it where the vacuum hose fits into and the water goes to the bottom where another hose that goes from the skimmer to the inlet hose fits into.

I had one of those that came with my Intex 18' x 52" round Ultra Frame Pool I purchased last year. It never worked as it was supposed to. After struggling with it for 2 months I finally broke down and bought a Hayward wide mouth thru the wall skimmer. I knew that I could install it and was confident that I would only lose 2" of water depth. When I installed it, I also hard plumbed everything. I used 2' PVC for the most part and put in shut off valves & threaded quick connects to make servicing the pump and sand filter easier. The most important thing you can do to any pool is to keep the water flowing through it. If you are concerned about how to hook up your vacuum line for the vacuum, it connects much easier. Here are the pictures of the install. 1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

+1 for the Hayward skimmer. My biggest complaint about the Intex over the wall models was that my kids kept knocking it off and then not putting it back, either running my pump dry or completely submerging the basket.

The Hayward does a much better job keeping the pool clean, and comes with an adapter to hook up a real pool vacuum. Plus a better return eyeball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.