Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a skimmer for my pool (22 x 54") Intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a skimmer for my pool (22 x 54") Intex pool

Does anyone know where I can get a skimmer like this show in the picture and youtube?

If you can't see the skimmer you can view it here on youtube Intex 18 Pool Vacuuming Kit (9) - YouTube

My pool didn't come with a skimmer and I'm looking to purchase one. This skimmer interested me greatly as the top of the skimmer has a plate or clear top where you put the hose into and then on the bottom of the skimmer is where the pool hose hooks up to.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a skimmer for my pool (22 x 54") Intex pool

--------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

3. Back To Top    #3

Nope this is not the one. The one in the video shows it have a plastic/clear top to it where the vacuum hose fits into and the water goes to the bottom where another hose that goes from the skimmer to the inlet hose fits into.

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks like this kit. Intex Krystal Clear Deluxe Swimming Pool Maintenance Kit with Skimmer.
    Here is just the lid from Intex but out of stock. http://www.intexcorp.com/11095.html
    Coleman 5300 gal 16'x48" AGP
    Intex Krystal Clear 2800gph Sand Filter Pump 28647EG (56673EG)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System ECO 8110
    Taylor K-2006 & K-1766 test kits w/ Speedstir and Samplesizer

5. Back To Top    #5

I had one of those that came with my Intex 18' x 52" round Ultra Frame Pool I purchased last year. It never worked as it was supposed to. After struggling with it for 2 months I finally broke down and bought a Hayward wide mouth thru the wall skimmer. I knew that I could install it and was confident that I would only lose 2" of water depth. When I installed it, I also hard plumbed everything. I used 2' PVC for the most part and put in shut off valves & threaded quick connects to make servicing the pump and sand filter easier. The most important thing you can do to any pool is to keep the water flowing through it. If you are concerned about how to hook up your vacuum line for the vacuum, it connects much easier. Here are the pictures of the install. 1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

I am getting ready to do this to my Intex pool soon. I think I see your Intex skimmer tossed aside in the background in the bottom photo, LOL! I am ready to toss mine too.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

+1 for the Hayward skimmer. My biggest complaint about the Intex over the wall models was that my kids kept knocking it off and then not putting it back, either running my pump dry or completely submerging the basket.

The Hayward does a much better job keeping the pool clean, and comes with an adapter to hook up a real pool vacuum. Plus a better return eyeball.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

8. Back To Top    #8

The plastic cover in the video cones with the vacuum, is not part of the Intex Skimmer, the Intex Skimmer is bad , it's hard to keep it in place, even using a c-clamp
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

9. Back To Top    #9

I have one I tossed but I am in Texas. I don't think it's worth the shipping.