Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqualink Z4 or Hayward OnCommand?

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aqualink Z4 or Hayward OnCommand?

I've settled on two automation systems with smartphone control. Anyone recommendations/issues for either?

The pool has a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-Rite SR333 heater, and I will be installing two Jandy automation valves.
    52k gal, Pebbleteck, Pentiar Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro-Guard D.E. Filter, Raypack 407A Heater, AquaLink RS by Jandy, Aqua Rite Chlorinator x2, Hayward Turbo Cell x2, The Pool Cleaner robot

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy Aqualink Z4 or Hayward OnCommand?

i have a Jandy system (2 years old) and have not had any issues so i am a bit biased but the system can operate both the pump and the heater for you with out any issues.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you, appreciate the feedback
    52k gal, Pebbleteck, Pentiar Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro-Guard D.E. Filter, Raypack 407A Heater, AquaLink RS by Jandy, Aqua Rite Chlorinator x2, Hayward Turbo Cell x2, The Pool Cleaner robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you installing it yourself? Hayward is an simpler install. Hayward is a more basic system that costs less.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

aqualink is very complex for the average user, but has so many features like controlling landscape lighting, sprinklers, and other stuff.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

6. Back To Top    #6

I had the Jandy RS4 for about 6-8 years. Then I sold the house.

I liked it and was able to do my own maintenance. I had a lightning strike (St Pete FL at the time) and it took out a $1000 board. I was able to replace and get everything working well. Pretty eacy to work on....We had the remote control box inside the house wired in to the master bedroom and local control by the pool/spa. I never set up the landscape lights or other features.

I can say for sure that the valve actuators are of a far superior quality after Zodiac bought that product line. The old Jandy mfg. JVA1240 (12 V) and 2440 (24 V) units were junk. I used to open them up and pilfer for spare parts as needed...But the first time I saw the Zodiac version after they bought thew comapny, there was a redesign that was impressive. Lots of obvious things were changed and reliability and performance was better.

Did you buy something yet?

mark

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Don't go with a Z4. Nothing but problems. It was Jandy's way to a low end market. I love the Jandy PDA systems. Cost more but work great. Can't comment on the other. I just work on Jandy systems.