Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I've filled some empty bleach bottles with quikrete (dry - did not mix) to use to weigh down my steps. They work well, though I do notice that I can hear some air escaping when I take them out, so now am worried about the finer powder escaping into the pool. I do know that some bleach bottles allow for venting for off gassing.

Should I seal/glue the caps shut?

Pour a bit of water in there to turn the dry quikrete into concrete?

Add some bleach to kill anything that may live in there?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!
Paul

I'd go ahead and mix the quickcrete. You don't want one of those bottles of mix busting open in the pool. Then you can top them with chlorinated water and pour the water off at the end of the season.

Any tips on how to easily fill the bottles with quikrete? I've been using a makeshift funnel folded out of cardboard, pouring in dry mix - which is tedious and messy - and then adding appropriate water as suggested by Zea to harden. It is slow and messy though.

Would be great if there was an easier way... anyone have thoughts?

I use sand n water with bleach. It was hard n messy enough getting the sand in there. I'd never mess with Crete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.