Sundance Spa - circ pump works, heater works but Jets will not work

Jul 22, 2015
Durango, CO
I am trying to get my Sundance spa( i think a Marin model) up and running after being down for the winter. When I engaged the main breaker to my spa, I had the FLO message on my display and the small 1/20 hp circulating pump motor was very hot. So I bought a new motor from the local dealer, installed the new motor and the FLO message disappeared and the circ pump seems to be circulating a very small amount of water. I turned on the heat and the water has heated to 100 degrees, the air bubble system works but the jets will not come on at all. This model has 2 level of jets and my display shows the jets to be on but no water comes out of the actual jets. When I check electrical power to the main jet motor(it looks as if there is only 1 motor) it appears to have power at the motor. Is there a switch or a relay that may be bad that is not letting the motor engage the pump at either speed?

When I uncovered the spa in early spring I did notice that some water had leaked in through the cover and had frozen in the bottom of the spa(about 4 inches). The spa does not appear to be cracked or leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.