Bakersfield, Ca Gunite Build

Mar 29, 2014
Bakersfield, Ca
Breaking ground this Friday! Long time coming! Here's the sketch from the PB.

18c13c72dc6055c4b68991440b5044e9.jpg

Going with a dark blue Quartz finish. The pool will have 1 water curtain descent where the step up is on the back. I think I'm going to put 4 deckjets on the back side also. One question I do have is should I add more lighting besides the Intellbrite? Was thinking of the Globrites, 1 on each side where the 2nd step is and 2 on the back bench. Is that overkill? All opinions welcomed.

Welcome to TFP
With lighting it is generally advised to face them away from your house/patio.
The glare will detract from the pool.
I can see you would benefit from a 2nd light as the Intellibrite will struggle to light up the far end of the pool.
A globrite to the right of your sunshelf would probably be enough, but a second intellibrite would be better with the dark quartz finish.
You are looking for reflection off the target wall and some backscatter to enjoy the benefits of those multicolor LEDs.

I would not say no such thing, but 3-1/2' deep and aiming down towards the back bench for the additional light.
With that, the original light might be improved by moving it a little close to the sunshelf and aiming for the sheer descent.

Two lights on the house side of the pool would be much better that as planned. As shown if you swim laps at night you will be swimming directly into the light. Also standing at the shallow end you will look into the light.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice job so far!

Now go measure everything-----------is it deep enough, wide enough, tall enough, etc.

Add in 3 inches for the gunite and plaster. NOW is the time for fixes if they are needed.

When do you get the gunite done?

Kim

Yep, check everything and be there as much as you can, just like any major project.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.