Does Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating need a Primer?

Jul 21, 2015
dayton
Post split from Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating?

We did fill the cracks first. I just made that comment so people wouldn't think that you could just paint over the cracks and they would disappear. The paint is really thick, but it rolled on easily, and I used a brush around the edges of the pool because we have coping. BTW, whatever Hubby used on the cracks did not work. He painstakingly worked on them, and they all came back.
Sorry i am so new to this forum stuff, please bear with me. We have a new coping pour of cement last end of summer. We had to fire the people that was doing the work and now my husband is going to cont. the job. We bought the Olmpic Pool Tones and my husband thinks he must paint a primer on first since it is fresh cement. Is that a good idea? I didnt see anything about putting a primer on this before applying the Pool tones. I read all the how to clean it first?
Can someone out there give some advise?
:scratch:

Welcome to TFP!

:bump:

Let's give you a bump to see if someone can yelp you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.