Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to get a Taylor 2006-C case-only?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to get a Taylor 2006-C case-only?

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where I might be able to pickup the K-2006-C case (just the case, without re-buying a full kit)? I have the K-2006 and really like the layout, but some of the reagents I prefer the 2oz bottles as I go thru them too fast , so I have them all jammed in there now -- not working

Please let me know if anyone has an extra or knows where to pick one up.

THANKS!!

Greg
    Last edited by gerjman; 07-21-2015 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to get a Taylor 2006-C case-only?

Sorry I cant help with where to get a case only,

A few of us though, (maybe more than a few), have gone to the fishing store and got a inexpensive 2 or 3 tray tackle box. I think I gave 12.oo for mine at walmart. There are plenty of compartments that fit the regent bottles perfectly and lots of room to put stuff in the bottom of it.

see post 77
    Let's See Your Test Kit! Show em if you got em' - Page 4
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the tip!

4. Back To Top    #4

You can get them directly from Taylor.... Here's one https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...entPartID=2307

You can find others in this list here https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p..._resultsII.asp

Unfortunately, the items aren't in an order that makes it easy to find the cases, but if you look through the list, you can eventually find them. They have several different types-- some are pricy. Click on the product number in the left column to see the item.

good luck.

🌵 April 🌸
    Some of my posts may be long... but they're *always* worth it! 🙃

👙 Intex UltraFrame 21' x 52" {~10,000 gal.} 🐠 Krystal Klear 16" Sand Filter 🐳 Pentair Intelliflo 1.5 hp Variable Speed Pump🐬 Borates @ ~50 ppm 🐚 Taylor K-2006 test kit & SpeedStir🌀

5. Back To Top    #5

I like that case, too, it holds all of my chemicals in 2 Oz. bottles, including the demand reagents and borate strips.... also holds a spare vial, spare magnet, Speed Stir, pH test, and the Sample Sizer. You can see the particulars at the link, below, and if so inclined, buy direct from Taylor. However, I've found through clever purchasing, you can cut the price of Taylor wares drastically....

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...entPartID=2306

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ewkearns View Post
    I However, I've found through clever purchasing, you can cut the price of Taylor wares drastically....

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...entPartID=2306

Care to share your secrets?

I've been able to find Kits and reagents, etc cheaper, but so far no joy on the boxes or other replacement hardware, for the most part.

🌵 April 🌸
    Some of my posts may be long... but they're *always* worth it! 🙃

👙 Intex UltraFrame 21' x 52" {~10,000 gal.} 🐠 Krystal Klear 16" Sand Filter 🐳 Pentair Intelliflo 1.5 hp Variable Speed Pump🐬 Borates @ ~50 ppm 🐚 Taylor K-2006 test kit & SpeedStir🌀

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks folks, much appreciated. Also interested in the "clever purchasing" ideas
    Pool owner, 19k gal, IG, plaster (blue Quartzscape), Pentair DE filter (60 sq ft), 2hp 1 speed pump, Water tech robot vac, No heater, No SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

I found the 2006c case here
    7120, Taylor Case, Multipurpose, 11" w x 5.125" h x 7.25" d, plastic

after tax and shipping (to me) it would be $32 - $5 cheaper than taylor website
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

9. Back To Top    #9

thanks jagger
    Pool owner, 19k gal, IG, plaster (blue Quartzscape), Pentair DE filter (60 sq ft), 2hp 1 speed pump, Water tech robot vac, No heater, No SWG

10. Back To Top    #10

I ordered a 2 oz bottle of the FC agent. I took out the other two red "acid demand" vials I never use and moved the main pH bottle over to column one with the CL tests. then I put the 2 oz bottle laying across the second column. it closes.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks BuckeyeChris, I did almost exactly that.. but have some other 2oz as well (e.g. CYA reagant).. the -C sure looks nice, but so much $$ for plastic, i might just go check out some of those tackle boxes first.

Thanks all for the great tips.. much appreciated!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    <snip> I took out the other two red "acid demand" vials I never use ... <snip>
    I was getting ready to do the same, until somebody, here, suggested using the base and acid demand reagents to aid in reading those aggravating colors in the pH test. I now find them invaluable for confirmation of the correct shade.....

YMMV.

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

I see there are two different Taylor cases linked in this thread, Taylor PT#7120 & PT#7122.

Which is the "C"?

Here is my "non-C" case crammed, two 2oz bottles and a SampleSizer:

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

7120 is the C. I am having a hard time justifying 30+ for a case. Maybe I will tell my wife all I want for Christmas is a Taylor kit case. Lol

Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

15. Back To Top    #15

I bought a plain Jane case from Wal-Mart. Looks like the k-100 kits. I peeled the directions from the blue case stuck then to the cover. Works well cost less than $10.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida