Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pool Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool Pics

New member to TFP and wanted to share my pool pics...mostly so I can reference this post/pics since it is hard trying to explain my pool layout, equipment, landscaping since it is some unique. I have several other areas/angles but will upload them on another post b/c of file size.
    Pool 1.jpgPool 2.jpgPool 3.jpgPool 6.jpgPool 7.jpg
    90k Gallon In-Ground SWG w/10k Gallon Spa (2009)
    Grey Quartz Plaster
    Controls: 2-Jandy AquaLink RS
    Filter: Hayward Pro-Grid DE 72sqft, Pentair 2.5hp (w/booster for suction cleaners)
    WF's: 8-Falls, 1-Slide (pumps: 2-3.5hp, 2-2.5hp, 2-2.0hp), 2-400k BTU Heaters

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool Pics

Additional pic as promised...
    Attachment 40333
    Grey Quartz Plaster
    Filter: Hayward Pro-Grid DE 72sqft, Pentair 2.5hp (w/booster for suction cleaners)

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi, welcome to TFP! Beautiful pool!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Amazing site. I purchased the home/pool about 6 months ago and I am just now taking over maint of it it myself from here on out. TFP, Pool School, and Forums have been invaluable to me getting ready to maint it myself.
    Grey Quartz Plaster

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like a pretty big job! The great thing is the chemistry is the same no matter how large the pool may be. Check out http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html if you haven't seen it yet.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Holy Moly! Now THAT is a swimming pool !!

Welcome to TFP Michael!

here is a posting pic tutorial....
    Posting Photo's Tutorial
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow! You have your own water park! Beautiful!
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh wow....that is stunning!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm just sitting here amazed....wondering how many people know how to make and install a Tiki roof in Houston??

Great pool...how many gallons? Someone had a lot of fun designing that one, for sure!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

10. Back To Top    #10

Where do those stair go?

That waterfall is wow!

Did you buy the pool or the house?? LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey everyone! Thx for the all wonderful feedback. Sorry I haven't been online in 2 days...I was dealing with HUGE swamp in my backyard. In short, I came last week from vacation after 2 weeks to find my pool completely taken over by green algae. The silver lining in it though lead me to start maintaining it myself and to TFP!

- - - Updated - - -

To answer few of your questions: The pool & spa are somewhere between 85k-100k gallons, I bought the house with the pool already built so I am not sure on exact size...I have an original layout design from previous owner and kinda narrowed it down to 90kish. It is 88'L x 40'W (shallow area) x 18'W (grotto area) x 22'W (deep/slide area). It ranges from 3'D to 8'D gradually. The spa is probably about 18'L x 10'W x 5'D. The tall stepped fall is 15'H above grade, the spa itself is 5' above grade.

Divin Dave thanks a ton for the link to the Posting Photo Tutorial. I will become a supporter and upload more pics for you guys.
    Grey Quartz Plaster

12. Back To Top    #12

Whoohoo...lifetime supporter now! Here are a few more pics of the pool as promised! It has a bridge and rock river thingy behind it as well (it is where the rear entrance leads to) but I don't have any pics of that with me at the moment. Primary reason for uploading them is to hopefully give others some ideas on pool design, layout...needless to say I was speechless when l walked into the backyard while looking to purchase the house (must have tripped over myself like 5 times running around like a kid in a candy store). That all said, and as another noted, it is a TON of work...but that is b/c I enjoy doing it myself. It keeps my and my family outside together all the time instead of the kiddos stuck on their ipads playing minecraft 24/7 lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grey Quartz Plaster

13. Back To Top    #13

Wow man, that is a massive amount of water.

How about some equipment photos?

The SWG must be huge to accommodate that thing.

When I first saw the photos I thought you bought the Playboy mansion!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

14. Back To Top    #14

That's not a backyard pool....that's a resort or more lifestyles of the rich and famous and I'm jealous!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

15. Back To Top    #15

Lol smforte. No no, I have a dbl wide parked in front of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Borjis I will post some of the equip pad. It has 2 salt systems. I still don't think they can keep up though...I keep a few pucks in the chlorine feeder as well. Maybe overkill but still learning her out some...only bought house 8 months ago and opened pool just 4 months ago.

16. Back To Top    #16

yeah,
    I wanna see equpment too! And some test results to go along with it.

Man, I need me one of those thatch roof palapa things... and I mean bad! Its on my 'to do' list.

And Michael, THANK YOU for becoming a supporter. It's much appreciated.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

17. Back To Top    #17

So gorgeous!!!

Just getting started! Inground freeform gunite pool, 17x32, 3.5-5ft depth, SWCG, French Grey mini pebble Stonescapes, NPT Arctic Lagoon glass tile, raised wall with 3 sheers, Polaris robotic cleaner, Cartridge filter, 550 sqft concrete/Kool-dek; Dig to begin 10/2017!

18. Back To Top    #18

Super sweet!

19. Back To Top    #19

That's it!!! I'm coming over... I'm packing right now! Send me your address!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Right! I call Baloney Sandwich! Taking pics of pools in Vegas and posting them here has to violate some kinda rule! Wow, what a place to play! Congrats.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast