Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool in southern Minnesota

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool in southern Minnesota

After more than a year of planning I've broken ground on my pool project. I'll let my picture do most of the talking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In-ground 22ft x 44ft freeform concrete base w stainless steel sides w 2 LED lights - under track auto pool cover - pool ledge 6ftx16ftx(8in deep) w 2 LED bubblers - 8ft diving board - built in basketball-n-volleyball - Turbo Twister slide - OmniLogic controller - color laminars (4) - built in spa - ozone/UV combo sanitizer - Charlie

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool in southern Minnesota

Welcome to TFP Charlie.
    You're off and running!
    Looks like you have a waterpark of fun heading your way.
    So how many kids do you have?
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey oz (name?) . I have three adult children and one granddaughter. Here's a pic showing my stairs and ledge (from yesterday).

610206080829851764.jpg
    In-ground 22ft x 44ft freeform concrete base w stainless steel sides w 2 LED lights - under track auto pool cover - pool ledge 6ftx16ftx(8in deep) w 2 LED bubblers - 8ft diving board - built in basketball-n-volleyball - Turbo Twister slide - OmniLogic controller - color laminars (4) - built in spa - ozone/UV combo sanitizer - Charlie

4. Back To Top    #4

lol, nope Oz is the Australian contraction of Aussie. It's Rod, which apparently is the Starbucks contraction of Ronald, Roy, Robert, Roger and Raul.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ozdiver View Post
    Welcome to TFP Charlie.
    You're off and running!
    Looks like you have a waterpark of fun heading your way.
    So how many kids do you have?
    Waterpark of fun! Lol! Love that!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

Pretty sweet setup, I'm curious about your bid and specs as I await our second bid here in Ohio.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks like great setup!

Too late to ditch the ozone/UV combo and opt for a salt water chlorine generator?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

How much detail do you want TJ? I can answer any questions you have, or I could photo copy the bid (redacting the price info).

- - - Updated - - -

Too Late for that JV. I liked the promise of less reliance on Chlorine and other chemicals. The adds tout "near drinking water levels of Chlorine". We'll have to see if it delivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Maria!

- - - Updated - - -

Diver? I'm certified, but haven't been in over a year. Would LOVE to dive the great barrier reef!

9. Back To Top    #9

One guy uses Fort Wayne stuff for the pool and pent air everything else. We are looking at a sun deck and was told its 2k extra.

Our first bid on an 18x44 with stadium step entry with deep end was 54k. 1000 sq ft brushed concrete included and felt that was steep

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by OronocoCharlie View Post

Too Late for that JV. I liked the promise of less reliance on Chlorine and other chemicals. The adds tout "near drinking water levels of Chlorine". We'll have to see if it delivers.
    That's a promise that seldom is kept while keeping the pool algae free. Ozone can actually increase chlorine demand. There is extensive discussion including alternate points of view in this thread: salt water vs. ozone purification A UV light system is valuable for indoor pools to eliminate combined chlorine as they do not get UV light from the sun. Outdoor pools get plenty of UV light to eliminate CCs and very little of your pool water passes by the UV filter to tangibly change the amount of FC that must be maintained.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons