Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: As the forum says, just getting started... chemistry questions

1. Back To Top    #1

As the forum says, just getting started... chemistry questions

You can see my build thread here.

Today the pool is filling. I believe it will be finished sometime tomorrow. Once it is I'll take an initial test. Because of the PB I'm going to have to use his pucks on startup for warranty purposes. I figure I can go with the pucks until the CYA level is about where I want it then switch to bleach. What should I target as an initial CYA level? I have no SWG, pool is 4' deep from end to end. I get probably 11 hours of solid sun a day. I've got no shade and I'm dealing with the Houston sun. Suggestions?
    IG 13,000 gal, WetEdge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Ecostar VS main pump, Hayward Tristar VS feature pump, Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Sense & Dispense (pH only), Stenner 45MPHP22 bleach, Hayward H400FDN Heater, Hayward Color UCL lights, Pentair LED Bubblers. TF-100 XL test kit. Test Results. Build Thread.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: As the forum says, just getting started... chemistry questions

Hi! As a fellow Houstonian I would target about 40 CYA and see how that works for you. If needed you can bump it up to 50, but no higher.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: As the forum says, just getting started... chemistry questions

Yep, see what you lose, and If it's too much, then you can bump it a little. I get away with 30 or just over with all my shade, but everyones mileage will vary.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem