Aqua Rite Pro - "check system" light on, LED only displays "Check System"

Jul 21, 2015
Houston, Texas
Aqua Rite Pro - "check system" light on, LED only displays "Check System"

I have an Aqua Rite Pro. The "Check System" light is lite and the LED only displays "Check System". If you push any of the buttons on the unit nothing happens. I have a pool guy (just bought the house and had no experience with pools) says I need a new board. When I called Hayward they asked if it was the control unit (part GLX-CTL-AR-PRO) or the PCB unit (GLX-PCB-AR-PRO). Does anybody know which part I need to purchase?

Re: Aqua Rite Pro - "check system" light on, LED only displays "Check System"

Welcome to TFP!

I'm not sure but someone else may know.

:bump:

It may be as simple as your SWG needs cleaning. You can find directions in Pool School-Pool Equipment-Salt Water Chlorine Generators. Cleaning directions are included in the maintenance section.

My Aqua Rite gives me a "check system" light about every 3 months. If I remember right, it does this automatically after X hours of operation as a reminder. I check the cell for build up ( which it never has), do a reset and it's good to go for another 3 months.

I'm willing to bet yours is fine, it's just nagging you a little.

I have an Aqua Rite, not a Pro. Mine does not have a "check system" light. I have an " inspect cell" light that comes on every 500 hours of operation as a reminder. To rest it I press and hold the diagnostic pushbutton for 3 sec's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.