Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How often do you "really" test your pool. My answer.... (maybe OT?)

1. Back To Top    #1

How often do you "really" test your pool. My answer.... (maybe OT?)

Not sure, if this is the best place to post this, but I thought someone might find it cute and inspiring.

I've read threads where people are asking "how often you 'really' test?" as if they looking for a good excuse to skip a day here and there.

First year with a pool, and my 6 yr old granddaughter knows how to rinse the vials, how much water should go in for testing, etc. (I do the measuring myself of course) She sets out all my chemicals in order, starts the speed stir, puts the two "dippers" in for FC/CC test and hands me the right reagents etc, then helps me count. She knows how many drops to check for CC and what a little pink means. Also Ph of course. I really never thought about it, but the other day someone tried to tell her to leave it alone because she didn't know what she was doing, and I had to say "Yes, she does!" Like they were crazy.

So my answer to the question of how much to I test?: "Enough that a 6 yr old who's only here 2-3 times a week knows how to test for FC/CC and Ph after two months, just by watching!"

Now she says she wants to be a "pool guy". LOL
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How often do you "really" test your pool. My answer.... (maybe OT?)

Bwaaahaaaaa! Perfect! You should get that on video. Adorable.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Bwaaahaaaaa! Perfect! You should get that on video. Adorable.
    Next time it's not just us, I think I will get someone to video. I've been adding new info whenever we test. That's how she knows if the CC test shows even a little pink, we need more "clordeen". Hahaha Hey it's more than the adults know!!!
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

just a quick note: you only need as much powder as it takes to get a strong color. for me it's only a heaping dipper. might help save on reagents.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

awesome
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!