Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Very Pleased with Set Up

1. Back To Top    #1

Very Pleased with Set Up

It's been a month since I changed out the water in our hot tub - this was the first water change-out since we filled the new tub. Following the recommendations on this site I built a bromide bank (which I didn't do the first go 'round) and added Gentle Spa as well. All I can say is wow! Things have have been so steady and easily maintainable this time. My pH has been steady and the Frog floater has actually worked and maintains a nice steady Br level - even when we went out of town for 5 days. The Gentle Spa has made the water more pleasant feeling too. All I do is add MPS at a rate of 1.8 oz per hour of use and toss in a couple ounces of 8.25% bleach once a week.

Current levels are:
    Br = 4 minimum
    pH = 7.6 and I haven't tweaked it once after the fill adjustment
    TA = 60 and I haven't adjusted it either
    CH = 140 steady

This gives me a CSI of -0.2 per the Taylor Watergram.

I think all the levels are decent though the TA and CH are a little lower than the standard "recommendations" that I tried to maintain during the first fill. Thanks for all the advice here and holler if anyone sees a level I should be concerned with....

Thanks again for a great site/advice!

Cheers
    Jacuzzi J-325 with ClearRay, outdoors, Bromine

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Very Pleased with Set Up

everything looks good to me
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have an acrylic spa (i.e. not plaster/gunite or with any exposed grout between tile) then you need not worry about the CSI except to not have it be high. Your numbers look fine.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, cool. I've been checking it just to make sure everything is resulting in the right balance. I suppose if the numbers are all within range it almost has to be. My wife ribs me about my "chemistry set" that I dig out all the time but she likes the water being right!
    Jacuzzi J-325 with ClearRay, outdoors, Bromine