baffling stain

vrolland

Mar 10, 2013
Florence SC
Hello, I've used all the recommendations on this site for a few years with good success, as well as the test kit that's sold. So this summer my pool has been staying virtually clear of algae and the water looks great, except for some splotchy green stains in the deep end. They look exactly like algae,they are "algae green" but won't come up or fade, and I've brushed this area until my arms gave out. I haven't used any algicides containing copper, my pool is sanitized with bottled chlorine, and I keep it at around 3 on the daily test kit. Another fact, I'm the only swimmer and so the pool gets not so much use, and I haven't shocked it in a while, it just stays clean nicely. Any thoughts? Thanks

Have you tried using a Magic Eraser or perhaps a vitamin C tablet on the stain to see if it has any effect? Just a thought. However if you would like a second opinion of your testing levels, please post them and we'll comment. I certainly don't doubt you've applied some serious elbow grease to the stains. On a separate observation though, keeping the chlorine "around 3 on the daily test kit" has be a little worried. It would be reassuring to know your current CYA level and type of test kit being used to see if that chlorine level is really best for you right now. I know that seems like we're getting off-track a but, but wanted to throw that out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.