Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fault Code 91

1. Back To Top    #1

Fault Code 91

how long do you run Your SWG (intex) before you see fault 91 (low salt), just clean the plates and reinstall to fix FC91, then how long does it run before you see it again? for me it is about 1.5 to 2 months, just wondering if anybody goes though the summer months with out seeing it??
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fault Code 91

I have really hard well water in the pool and on top of that took the first low salt error as fact and put in way too much salt (that was before TFP & testing, obv), did a partial drain to get down to a really high acceptable level. We probably are cleaning the plates with vinegar about once every 2-3 weeks minimum.
    18' x 48" Intex ultra frame
    Standard cartridge filter and SWG that came with the pool
    I started off with a Taylor test kit, but my refills are coming from TFT so I am not sure what kit you would say I have.
    Stir thingy - Check

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks, I thought hard water had something to do with it!!
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

You can call intex and they will send you a replacement if under warranty. Now you have (2) so you can keep the other one as a spare and then swap it when it's time. Clean the old one and keep it for next time to swap again.
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the tip, my SWG is 6 years old, a little out of warrenty, but I've always get this code 1.5 to 2 months in, I usually clean it twice a year. before I found this site i was just winging it. I found out the hard way by adding and adding salt.