Chlorine Test question.

marianegs

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
NJ
Hello, I have the TF-100 test kit, which I love, and understand. And daily I use the Chlorine Test (OTO), which only measures up to 5. I need my water to be at a 6 each day, is there a test kit like the OTO that has up to 6? I know I can do the test with the powder & the drops (sorry don’t know the real name of it) but I would love an easier one to do daily. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Hello, I have the TF-100 test kit, which I love, and understand. And daily I use the Chlorine Test (OTO), which only measures up to 5. I need my water to be at a 6 each day, is there a test kit like the OTO that has up to 6? I know I can do the test with the powder & the drops (sorry don’t know the real name of it) but I would love an easier one to do daily. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

you could do a 1/1 dilution with distilled water, but that seems like a lot of work. you can kinda gauge FC levels higher than 5 when you get the hang of it. the top color on the chart is a dark yellow, but it gets darker to orangish as you keep going up. I would suggest you do your test with the powder/drop test, confirm its 6, then do the test with the OTO and look at the color. you should be able to see its slightly darker than the top of the chart and you can go from there. make sense?

Oohhh hey! I gotta get me one of those!

As for using your old OTO it will get more yellow with more chlorine. As long as it is brighter yellow than 5 you are OK up to tweety bird yellow. If it starts to darken like school bus yellow it is too high. A little more is better than a little less.

Powder and drops is FAS/DPD?

Looking at it on Amazon, it requires R-0001 and R-0002 reagents. Five drops of each per test. Six shades of pink to compare, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.5, and 10 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.