Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: drain cover recall

1. Back To Top    #1

drain cover recall

since the topic is locked....

does anyone have leads on buying the old style drain covers? i hate these new covers, my spa looks terrible with dirt and vacuuming it by hand is a pain. it looked great until i changed the drain covers.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: drain cover recall

It's locked for a reason. We can't endorse their use for safety concerns. If someone PMs you, we can't stop that but we can't promote the use of the old ones sorry. Can you not brush dirt to the drain and have it go to the filter?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

You are not going to find a retailer that sells old covers. It is illegal to sell pool covers that do not comply with the Virginia Graham Baker Act.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info. I have my pool drains turned off and i feel the suction from the PDX cover in the spa is more than the standard cover. I actually get a cyclone effect from the PDX covers. I'm more concerned with someone with long hair getting sucked into the PDX covers than the old drain covers. I don't really see how they are safer since the fins are closer together but wide enough hair could get sucked into them.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.