Cloudy blue pool water

Jul 21, 2015
Toledo Ohio
Hi, I have a 22 by 52 inch intex swimming pool went on vacation came back and the water was brown so my daughter and I went and bought 4 gallons of liquid chlorine and 4 bags of shock and we put in in last night a sun down. This morning we got up and it's a cloudy blue color we let some of the water out yesterday before we shocked it and stuff. I need to no how can I get it back clear. I'm a first time pool owner and I did go to Leslie and they try to push all them pool chemical over on you and I don't no nothing about them. PLEASE somebody help!!!!

Welcome to TFP!

The way you beat it is by taking control yourself. This means educating yourself, and getting a proper test kit. You can't do this relying on pool store testing, which doesn't seem to appealing to you anyway. In your situation you'll need to SLAM, and the best buy for a test kit to do that is a TF100. The Taylor K2006 is also a good kit we suggest, but you'll need to order refills immediately as it won't have enough to complete a SLAM.

See Pool School, and start with the ABCs. From there, read about the SLAM procedure while you wait on a kit to arrive. We give identical advice day in, day out for this situation, so it's the path I suggest you take. All the info and help you need is here on the forum, so ask questions as they arise. Post a new thread when you get the kit and full test numbers. Do this before you begin the SLAM, and we will be happy to help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.