Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Large dark areas on liner floor of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Large dark areas on liner floor of pool

All though I am not new to pool care, I wasn't sure where to post this issue. In the center of the picture (attached), you'll see the stains on the pool floor. I tried brushing, vacuuming and rubbing them out. Won't go away. My pool readings are in good shape.

FC 6.0
    CC 0
    TC 6
    PH 7.5
    TA 110

Any idea what it can be and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Large dark areas on liner floor of pool

Is this a liner pool or plaster?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Rich, would you mind also showing your CYA reading please?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

CYA is 55 and the pool is a liner

Thx

- - - Updated - - -

CYA was running low at about 40. Just boosted to 55. I'd like to get it even a little higher. Started noticing the areas last summer. CYA almost 0 when I open pool each spring.
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Liner

6. Back To Top    #6

Depending upon the type of stain it is, you might like to try a Magic Eraser or try placing a vitamin C tablet on the stain and see if that does anything. Some folks will also try crushing the cheap vitamin C tabs (ascorbic acid) in a sock and setting it on the stain for a few minutes. Maybe one of those will work for you? Let us know how it turns-out.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

It's some fairly large areas, so I will try the magic eraser first. Any ideas on what causes these types of stains? Something I need to do differently or change ?

8. Back To Top    #8

Is it possible to be coming from underneath the liner ?

9. Back To Top    #9

The magic cleaner didn't remove the stain. It did however make it less "slippery" ... if that means anything