Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cleaner that connects to pool vacuuming system

1. Back To Top    #1

Puglia, Italy

Pool Cleaner that connects to pool vacuuming system

I have a 25M x 8M pool, 2.8M in the deep end. I am looking for a substantial robot pool cleaner to link into the filter system. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any advice.
    400,000 Litre in ground infinity pool, with 40,000 litre holding tank (116 235.703 04 gallon). Vinyl liner.
    Two Astralpool Cantabric sand filters, 900mm diameter, each with 550kg of sand.
    Two ESI MP6 1.5kw 3 phase pumps.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Cleaner that connects to pool vacuuming system

Try to locate a Maytronics distributor. The supreme line is excellent if you can obtain it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Suffolk, UK

Re: Pool Cleaner that connects to pool vacuuming system

Not sure my input is any help, but I'm a long time user of suction cleaners. I've not used a robot cleaner, but my existing suction cleaner (7 years old) is not performing well so I'm looking for a replacement and considering the Pros / Cons of another Suction Cleaner vs a Robot cleaner

I have Solar Thermal panels, when they are hot they force the filter pump on, so realistically the pump is on at least 8 hours a day in Summer - and thus the suction cleaner has plenty of run-time. I also have Photovoltaic Panels - and if the Solar Thermal is hot, and the pump running, I have PV too natch! so running the pump is "free" for me.

My pool is covered, so I don't have to worry about lots of leaves etc. in the pool.

Within those constraints and in case helpful here is a link to my Pros / Cons list for choosing between a replacement Suction Cleaner and a Robot

Advice on Replacement Pool Cleaner please
    22,000 Gallons / 100,000L 40' x 20', Roman end, IG Marbelite, Covered (Greenhouse type thing!), Sand filter, Built a long time ago, Hayward Navigator cleaner