"desired stirring speed"

jwgillis

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
Yuma, AZ
The instructions for my new and not yet used Apollo Magnetic Stirrer state "turn the speed control knob clockwise until the desired stirring speed is attained."
OK ... what is the "desired stirring speed"??

I think that will become apparent once you try it out with plain water. Too low and nothing happens, too high and the magnet goes crazy. Just right and you have a nice vortex.

I love my stirrer. I did not like the glass beaker that came with it, but my kids took care of that when they broke it on the pool decking. I don't allow glass in the pool area.

It works just fine using the plastic vials that come in the TF-100 kit.

dave

lovingHDTV said:
I did not like the glass beaker that came with it
Sorry about that. I'm still looking for a source of either polypropylene or TPX beakers to replace the glass ones. The beakers I looked at had the injection moulding nipple right at the bottom. I tried getting an equivalent to the 9198 vial but didn't like what I saw. I'll try again. Thanks for the feedback.

I also have an Apollo stirrer and love it.

I modified it though as I found that I had to change the 9v battery too often.

I removed the 9v battery plastic holder and fitted a home-made battery pack (5 regular alkaline AA batteries). The voltage is a bit lower (7.5volts), but the capacity is about 5 times higher.

Because of the lower voltage, the max "stirring" speed is a bit lower, but it's still faster than what I need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.