Almost getting the pool open!

VinnyC

Jun 15, 2015
Forest Hill
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help us with the next steps given the results that I have for today (which I did twice):

PH - Below 7.0 - I also took the base test to see how many drops it took to get to a desired level, which was 5 drops.
FC - Below 1
TC - 1
CC - 0. Did this test twice. there is no color whatsoever.
TA - 60
CYA - No cloudiness after filling the small tube all the way up.
Calcium - 180

our intention is to do the SLAM method.

We haven't been able to open the pool yet. This is our 1st summer with the pool (outground) and had to make a lot of repairs to the hoses, had to replace the skimmer, etc.

However, for the first time this year our pool color is a clearer blue-ish green. There is hope.

In addition, I ordered/received a FAS DPD test, but there is no measuring spoon for the powder...and no instructions! Please advise. thank you!

Kim

pooldv has got you on the right track. If you follow the directions on the test he linked you to, you should be able to do it without the spoon for now. The scoop is a tad bit bigger than a BB size wise. It's not a critical measurement. If you have a few particles floating around in the test tube, you know you have enough powder.

P.S.- if you bought the test from TFTestkits, I'd bet money, they would send you one ASAP. If you ask Dave nice, he might send you one even if you bought it somewhere else ;)

Here is a video instruction for the Taylor kit.
https://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_choose_slideshow.asp?KeyWord=WiseLAB
How to Use a Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 - YouTube

Here is the process to SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain.

Raise PH to 7.2 and CYA to 30ppm. More on adding chemicals here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Use Pool School - PoolMath to calculate how much chemical to add to achieve the target level.

I have another question. How often am I supposed to run the filter? Do I need to run it continuously, or can I unplug it at the end of the night?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.