Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Almost getting the pool open!

1. Back To Top    #1

Almost getting the pool open!

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help us with the next steps given the results that I have for today (which I did twice):

PH - Below 7.0 - I also took the base test to see how many drops it took to get to a desired level, which was 5 drops.
    FC - Below 1
    TC - 1
    CC - 0. Did this test twice. there is no color whatsoever.
    TA - 60
    CYA - No cloudiness after filling the small tube all the way up.
    Calcium - 180

our intention is to do the SLAM method.

We haven't been able to open the pool yet. This is our 1st summer with the pool (outground) and had to make a lot of repairs to the hoses, had to replace the skimmer, etc.

However, for the first time this year our pool color is a clearer blue-ish green. There is hope.

In addition, I ordered/received a FAS DPD test, but there is no measuring spoon for the powder...and no instructions! Please advise. thank you!

Kim
    Forest Hill, MD \ AG 24 FT Round ~ 13,000 Gal \ Hayward Power Flo LX 1.5HP w/ Hayward S210T Pro Series Sand Filter\ Perhaps 2009 \ Taylor Complete High K-2005 Test Kit \ Well filled

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Almost getting the pool open!

Here is a video instruction for the Taylor kit.
    https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...eyWord=WiseLAB
    How to Use a Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 - YouTube

Here is the process to SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain.

Raise PH to 7.2 and CYA to 30ppm. More on adding chemicals here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Use Pool School - PoolMath to calculate how much chemical to add to achieve the target level.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

You need to order a FAS-DPD supplement for your test kit. Hope you got that pH up right away.

4. Back To Top    #4

pooldv has got you on the right track. If you follow the directions on the test he linked you to, you should be able to do it without the spoon for now. The scoop is a tad bit bigger than a BB size wise. It's not a critical measurement. If you have a few particles floating around in the test tube, you know you have enough powder.

P.S.- if you bought the test from TFTestkits, I'd bet money, they would send you one ASAP. If you ask Dave nice, he might send you one even if you bought it somewhere else
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Cool Re: Almost getting the pool open!

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Here is a video instruction for the Taylor kit.
    https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...eyWord=WiseLAB
    How to Use a Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 - YouTube

Here is the process to SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain.

Raise PH to 7.2 and CYA to 30ppm. More on adding chemicals here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Use Pool School - PoolMath to calculate how much chemical to add to achieve the target level.

I have another question. How often am I supposed to run the filter? Do I need to run it continuously, or can I unplug it at the end of the night?

Thank you!
    Forest Hill, MD \ AG 24 FT Round ~ 13,000 Gal \ Hayward Power Flo LX 1.5HP w/ Hayward S210T Pro Series Sand Filter\ Perhaps 2009 \ Taylor Complete High K-2005 Test Kit \ Well filled

6. Back To Top    #6

24/7 during a SLAM
    16' x 34' vinyl in ground - 16,500 gal.
    Hayward EC-75 DE filter with Hayward 1hp Super Pump
    TF-100XL Test Kit with SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, 24x7 during slam. After slam as short as you can and still have a clean pool. Here is more, Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach