Recently installed Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft- A few questions about it

Acejoe100

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2015
Woodstock, Ga
We just replaced some of our pool equipment back in early June (prior to me discovering this amazing site!) and the company that we used installed a Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft SWG. The original cartridge on the Fusion Soft that came with it was a DuoClear with a yellow top. The PB told me that it would only be good for getting the system up and running and needed to be replaced ASAP. He also said to make sure that I get the DuoClear cartridge with the gray top. I have yet to replace the original (yellow top) cartridge and my new one (gray top) has just arrived today. I have a few questions listed below and I would hugely appreciate any/all advice that everyone has to offer!!!!

My questions are:

1. Is there a difference between the yellow and gray DuoClear cartridges -or- did he not know what he was talking about???

2. I am in the middle of SLAMing, so I am not going to worry with replacing it until I am finished and pass the OCLT test. Is there any particular time frame that I should wait before installing the new cartridge once I complete the SLAM and pass the OCLT test?

3. The PB recommended that I replace this cartridge every 6 months and I believe that this was also recommended in the instructions. How important is this and has anyone else ever seen that they can get a longer life out of it without any issues?

4. What are your thoughts on the Fusion Soft and any good advice for this SWG?

Looks like a SWG with a built in nature2 system...I think most people here will tell you just not replace that cartridge...most people who have come along with the standalone nature2 stuff have been advised to just quit using it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.