Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recently installed Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft- A few questions about it

1. Back To Top    #1
    Woodstock, Ga

Recently installed Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft- A few questions about it

We just replaced some of our pool equipment back in early June (prior to me discovering this amazing site!) and the company that we used installed a Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft SWG. The original cartridge on the Fusion Soft that came with it was a DuoClear with a yellow top. The PB told me that it would only be good for getting the system up and running and needed to be replaced ASAP. He also said to make sure that I get the DuoClear cartridge with the gray top. I have yet to replace the original (yellow top) cartridge and my new one (gray top) has just arrived today. I have a few questions listed below and I would hugely appreciate any/all advice that everyone has to offer!!!!

My questions are:

1. Is there a difference between the yellow and gray DuoClear cartridges -or- did he not know what he was talking about???

2. I am in the middle of SLAMing, so I am not going to worry with replacing it until I am finished and pass the OCLT test. Is there any particular time frame that I should wait before installing the new cartridge once I complete the SLAM and pass the OCLT test?

3. The PB recommended that I replace this cartridge every 6 months and I believe that this was also recommended in the instructions. How important is this and has anyone else ever seen that they can get a longer life out of it without any issues?

4. What are your thoughts on the Fusion Soft and any good advice for this SWG?
    Pool (SWG)- 16,000 gal, Pebble Tec in-ground pool and in-ground hot tub (overflows into pool)
    Equipment- Chlorine generator (Nature2 Fusion Soft), Filter (Jandy Pro Series CV460), Pumps (main- Pentair Challenger 2HP/ Aux- Polaris PB4-60), Heater (Jandy Pro Series JXi), Cleaner (Polaris 280)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Recently installed Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft- A few questions about it

I'm not sure, I've never heard of that. It sounds like it might have some kind of ionizer in it? TFP does not recommend alternative sanitation devices that often add metal to the water. We strictly recommend using chlorine to sanitize your pool.

More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

Amd here, Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Harvey, LA

Re: Recently installed Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Soft- A few questions about it

Looks like a SWG with a built in nature2 system...I think most people here will tell you just not replace that cartridge...most people who have come along with the standalone nature2 stuff have been advised to just quit using it.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history