Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Classic

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fairmont, WV

It hasn't been a great summer here by any means. Today is only the second day since the end of May that we have not had torrential rain and storms. Which leads me to this post.

I stopped in my local pool store today to by a new floatie to lounge in. As I walked up to the door I noticed a sign they had posted. It said "If your pool is green, blame mother nature, not us!"

I just had to chuckle to myself because even with all of the rain and storms my pool has stayed crystal clear. I watched the line of people getting their water tested and them telling them that they needed to buy this, that and the other. I just wanted to scream "People! go to Trouble Free Pool, read, learn and ask questions if you need to. Invest in a good and take control.

As I was paying for my floatie, the sales clerk asked if I needed any chemicals. I just smiled, said "Nope all is good, just going home and enjoy my pool!"

I have been a member for about 6 years, since I converted from baqaucil and the wealth of information I have learned is invaluable. My neighbor was over with her kids today and told me that my pool was the cleanest, sparkilest pool she has ever been in and I owe it all to everyone here! A great big thanks to Dave, all the mods and everyone else who keeps this site going!!

To all you newcomers, don't get frustrated, just keep with the process, it will work!
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Chickasha, OK

Re: Classic

I once considered getting some TFP business cards and putting them under the windshield wipers of cars parked in front of the local pool store...

But that would be in poor taste, IMO.
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite single-speed 1.5 HP pump; Raypak RP 2100 natural gas heater (not in use).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

i hand them out, right in the store.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C