Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to clean SWCG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Toronto, ON. Canada

How to clean SWCG?

MY SWCG is flashing lights for cleaning.

What is the way to clean it DIY?

It is 2 years old. I opened and looked inside and it looks pretty clean...
    16'x34' Inground Vinyl Pool. 65,500L. Hayward S244T2 24 Sand Filter. Hayward 1hp Super Pump. Raypak PR266 EN 266,000 btu,. AquaRite SWCG. Aqualamp LED 2 w/ remote

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

How to clean SWCG?

Usually the owners manual gives the cleaning procedure. Basically you remove the cell and then add a dilute acid to it to remove calcium scale.

Some cell manufacturers want you to use dilute muriaric (Pentair IC calls for 5:1 water:MA) while other manufacturers I've seen call for white vinegar (acetic acid). You have to check your owners manual to see what it says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: How to clean SWCG?

Do you have the manual? Or perhaps look online for the manual ? Most folks use a dilute MA solution, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Sorry!
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter