Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: craters and mounds

1. Back To Top    #1

craters and mounds

We started construction on our pool in December. After a few months they finally plastered (hydrazzo) and they filled the pool on Valentines Day. About a month after the pool was in use I noticed bumps and craters around the walls of the pool. I also noticed that some areas had grey streaks. I thought it might just be reflections since the plaster is mostly white. But each time I get in the pool it seems worse. I might just be scrutinizing it more and more but I know this is abnormal. I've been in hundreds of pools and never have I ever noticed walls that are so lumpy and bumpy. It's like craters and mounds. And I think the grey areas area where the mounds are....
    What could have caused this? The pool is 5.5 months old. Chemicals have been perfect since start up (minus one or two occasions when the chlorine got down to zero after a ton of rain but was fixed promptly).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: craters and mounds

I would get your PB out there asap. sounds like you might have issues.
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by DaninFLA View Post
    I would get your PB out there asap. sounds like you might have issues.
    They are coming out on Saturday. But I would like to be as educated as possible before hand so I don't get fed false information.

4. Back To Top    #4

How does the dirt//area around your pool look? Have you had a problem with LOTS of water and run off around the pool?

Was there any problems with the dig? before, during, after?

I am just thinking out loud to see what if anything someone can come up with.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

If you could post a couple of pictures, that would help us diagnose.
    Also describe size of craters and mounds.