Where did the pressure go?

KSS

Jul 20, 2015
McKinney
I cleaned my de filter this weekend. Reassembled, back washed, purged air filter, and the pump strainer basket has no visible air bubbles. But I now have air in 2 of my return jets, my three scupper water features dont work and there is not enough line pressure to operate the booster pump for the Polaris. Before cleaning i did notice a little reduction in flow, hence the cleaning, but everything worked great before cleaning the de filter. I disassembled the de filter to double check the manifold and grids were seated correctly twice, and they were. Pupmp seems to be pulling in water OK and there are no visible air bubbles in the strainer basket. PSI on the filter reads btw 4-6 lbs. Any ideas as to what could cause the loss of pressure to filter and booster pump for the Polaris?

I cleaned my de filter this weekend. Reassembled, back washed, purged air filter, and the pump strainer basket has no visible air bubbles. But I now have air in 2 of my return jets, my three scupper water features dont work and there is not enough line pressure to operate the booster pump for the Polaris. Before cleaning i did notice a little reduction in flow, hence the cleaning, but everything worked great before cleaning the de filter. I disassembled the de filter to double check the manifold and grids were seated correctly twice, and they were. Pupmp seems to be pulling in water OK and there are no visible air bubbles in the strainer basket. PSI on the filter reads btw 4-6 lbs. Any ideas as to what could cause the loss of pressure to filter and booster pump for the Polaris?
Maybe you ripped an O-ring in the backwash valve and it's leaking to waste?

Maybe you ripped an O-ring in the backwash valve and it's leaking to waste?

Tried everything but that.
Will check it out. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a variable speed pump, and somehow it got on a really low speed?

No its a single speed Hayward Tri-Star. My pool is pretty new and i have not had to do much to it up to this point. That is what is worrisome about this situation.

Ok, update on the problem. The loss of pressure was being caused by the pressure gauge on my Hayward DE filter.
Never in a million would I have guessed that. Put new gauge on and the pressure is back up.

Wanted to share the resolution for others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.