Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand in deep end

1. Back To Top    #1

Reedsville pa

Post Sand in deep end

I have about 15 pounds of sand in the deep end of my pool is there a way to get it out without using the filter system of the pool would may be a shop vac work

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Sand in deep end

First of have to tell us how it got there! Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Contra Costa County CA

Re: Sand in deep end

I doubt a shop vac will be of much use as the canister will fill too quickly and the float will shut off suction. I thnk your best best short of vacuuming to either waste or filter would be a stand alone pool vac like the Blaster or similar. You'll have to empty often and be patient but it will work. You might try "sweeping" or scooping some of the sand up first.
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS pump, Clean & Clear Cartridge filter, Master Temp 400 heater (400,000 btu), 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel w/ EZ Touch 4 remote & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Test kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.