Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Seam coming undone

1. Back To Top    #1

Seam coming undone

Hi All
    I was in our above ground 18 x 44 inch intex ultra frame pool last night and noticed where the middle seam meets the edge as the liner starts to slope up the seam seems like it's coming undone. It's shaped like a "T" top part is starting to open. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Seam coming undone

Leslie's sells an underwater patch kit that has a cement that works under water. It worked surpisingly well for my seam leak I had a few weeks ago.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

3. Back To Top    #3

I got my new 22x52 liner and samething. How do you keep yourself under water while applying the cement, don't want to drain. I do have a small minor leak looks like its from the corner seam.
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

4. Back To Top    #4

scuba mask and snorkel
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

5. Back To Top    #5

same issue here....but I was out of town when my corner/lower base leaked...the rip is now 8" long...help

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm disappointed in Intex. This is on my replacement liner not even a week old getting slow leaks around the seams. Might just go with putting an inside liner.
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

7. Back To Top    #7

I would be triple patching seam leaks on the inside n outside of these pools. Round each patch making the next patch bigger than the last. Have someone you trust hold you under water.

Scokur, you're going to need a new liner.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

we used a 20 pound weight to hold while slipping on the patch.. that is no fun....
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

I had my darling wife who I trust...... stand on my rear while I applied patches to small seam split. I don`t remember name of what I used but it was self adhesive been on bottom for 4 years.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I had my darling wife who I trust......
    I laughed pretty hard at the disclaimer!
    Intex 16 * 48 Ultra
    2650 Intex Sand Filter
    Hayward Thruwall Skimmer
    Hardplumbed in 2014
    TF100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

I have used this stuff for a couple leaks in our Intex ultra frame pool and it has been fantastic!
    One patch on the inside and one on the outside... done!

Mr Sticky's Underwater Glue | The amazing glue that applies and cures UNDERWATER!
    21' x 52" Round Above Ground. (Buried 2') AquaPro 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 19" Sand filter, Hayward inline chlorinator.
    Hayward H200 millivolt NG Heater, SunQuest 2 x 2'x10' Solar heater.

12. Back To Top    #12

It looks like intex didn't properly cut the extra vinyl that sticks out from the seam which cause it to be like a T. So couldn't you just apply the cement instead of putting a patch on top of it?
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

13. Back To Top    #13

First of all, is it leaking? No, don't worry about it, mine is the same way for the last 2 years. Or, just buy the underwater pool liner repair kit and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper Mike View Post
    Hi All
    I was in our above ground 18 x 44 inch intex ultra frame pool last night and noticed where the middle seam meets the edge as the liner starts to slope up the seam seems like it's coming undone. It's shaped like a "T" top part is starting to open. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
    I got my new 22x52 liner and samething. How do you keep yourself under water while applying the cement, don't want to drain. I do have a small minor leak looks like its from the corner seam.
    I read in an old thread that someone got their kid to hold them under. I assume they had some predetermined signals in place .
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    I read in an old thread that someone got their kid to hold them under. I assume they had some predetermined signals in place .
    I never thought about that but yes someone you can trust lol, for sure not the wife just in case.

I bought a cheap snorkel from biglots and ended up swallowing a lot of water. maybe i'll try something better from big 5 store.
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

16. Back To Top    #16

If you have a Costco close by, they carry quality snorkel kits. Cheap ones are best left at the store. Heck, the kids won't even wear them.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).