Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to pop up pools.
Growing up we always had an above ground pool that was very large so the smaller pop up pool I just bought for my best friends kids is really confusing me.
I purchased and filled the 12 Ft by 36" pool on Friday.
Saturday I tested with the test strips provided in the HTH pop up pool chemical starter kit. The chlorine was not registering anything and the PH as 8.4 the alkalinity was 180. I added PH minus using the conversion chart in the booklet in the starter kit. Volume is 1700 gallons so I added the amount the chart said. I also put my mini floating chlorine table holder in the water with mini 1" tablets.
I tested Sunday, chlorine: 0 PH: 7.8 Alkalinity: 120. From the starter kit directions, I needed to add stabilizer and chlorine granules. So I used the chart in the booklet and put in then I added the shock. I think the booklet said to use the amount for superchlorination because it was the first opening.
Today pool is cloudy but I believe I am supposed to test it and add more chlorine granules daily if needed to maintain 1-4ppm FAC. It wasn't clear so I wanted to ask before I do that or anything else that I have been doing this correctly.
My second question is when is the pool safe to enter after adding chlorine granules and shock. Do I just test and its safe if chlorine falls between 1-4ppm? When is it safe to enter after adding PH minus? As long as it tests in good range as well?
Thank you all so much! I am going to go out and test it for today and post those results. But I really need direction on where to go after testing!