Pressure Problems

Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Walpole, MA
Couple of weeks ago I had the pool company come and clean my DE Filter. It was full of DE, which explained why the pressure was building. They gave it a thorough cleaning. But lately the pressure has been building again. In addition I've been having algae issues, so I backwashed yesterday after cleaning the pool. All the green algae was released via the backwash, and then I added the recommended 6lbs of DE. Pressure was back to normal again, but within 2hrs or so it was back up to pre-backwash levels. Any ideas of what may be causing this? Thanks!

Your filter is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, catch the debris from the algae. Algae will clog a filter quickly and DE filters especially. Are you completing the SLAM process to clear the algae? You will probably need to backwash and recharge frequently until the pool is clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.