Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure Problems

Couple of weeks ago I had the pool company come and clean my DE Filter. It was full of DE, which explained why the pressure was building. They gave it a thorough cleaning. But lately the pressure has been building again. In addition I've been having algae issues, so I backwashed yesterday after cleaning the pool. All the green algae was released via the backwash, and then I added the recommended 6lbs of DE. Pressure was back to normal again, but within 2hrs or so it was back up to pre-backwash levels. Any ideas of what may be causing this? Thanks!
    18ft/40ft, 29,600 Gallons, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter, Hayward Super Pump (HP1), Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure Problems

Your filter is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, catch the debris from the algae. Algae will clog a filter quickly and DE filters especially. Are you completing the SLAM process to clear the algae? You will probably need to backwash and recharge frequently until the pool is clear.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I should add I have a very mild form of Algae (at least I think it's Algae) - it's a greenish dust the lines the floor and sides of pool. Is there a way to attach a video here?
    18ft/40ft, 29,600 Gallons, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter, Hayward Super Pump (HP1), Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

You can use a photo hosting site like photobucket and post a link to your video here.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    You can use a photo hosting site like photobucket and post a link to your video here.

IMG_1034_zpsm0zvbjxb.mp4 Video by josephsmith3 | Photobucket

Youu can see the greenish dust kicking up as I sweep the stairs. This stuff was all over my pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Just a thought: Perhaps it's time to clean your grids with a filter cleaning solution? Eventually the grids get saturated with oils, lotions, etc?

7. Back To Top    #7

What are grids?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
    What are grids?
    They are a plastic grid style mesh filter element that goes inside of a DE filter I believe.