Did a slam a while back - and it worked well - at the time I was losing 13-14 ppm so big hit. Took 3 days to clear up.
Recently I am seeing a slight daily loss on FC , which had got worse and worse in the last 5 days (SWG so should just be constantly steady).
I have done Overnight test and got 1.5 loss and last night 2 ppm loss.
So, clearly I have a bit of stuff eating away.
Here are my questions:
1. Can their be algae in the pool water , or does it have to be attached/ growing somewhere?
2. If growing, what does it take to lose 2ppm overnight (like a penny size growing somewhere , or does it need to be quite a lot?)
3. I have numerous cracks/ grout missing in some of the tiles around the pool, where water can splash in and out - I cannot clean in there, does that matter?
4. Should I clean light fixture before doing my next SLAM, and also, do people ever clean the main drain cover?
5. If I am losing only 2ppm overnight, even though the math says I should raise and hold at 28ppm, why does it need to be that high? I mean why is that a 'magic' number - surely 16ppm will kill all the algae if only getting a 2ppm loss, no ?
6. as it is such a small loss, do you think it will be a quick SLAM ?
Just frustrating that I have all the levels perfect , pump timer perfect, SWG 5 at 40% - than BAM ! Now at 75% generation and pump time of 9 hours just to maintain at FC 6.