Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Near Lake Lewisville (Lots of Pics)

1. Back To Top    #1

In Progress - Near Lake Lewisville (Lots of Pics)

Started our backyard build....Pool & Patio in early June. Here is the original design.

Build in progress: 31x18 GI (17,336 gallons) / Diamond Brite French Gray finish / Flagstone Coping / 30ft weeping wall with 7 stations plumbed / Salt Finish Deck / Pentair EasyTouch Controls / Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump / Pentair D.E. Filter 60sft / Polaris Automatic Pool Sweep w/ Booster Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - North Texas

More pics:

Dog already enjoying her pool to be....

Dig complete...

Rebar...

All was going as planned, until the continued down poor of rain.....I was crushed. This happened 1 day prior to scheduled gunite.

The PB spent nearly 6 days digging the dirt that collapsed out by hand. After first pumping the water out.

Gunite finally done today 7/20. They were here early this morning. I'll post more when they are done.
    Build in progress: 31x18 GI (17,336 gallons) / Diamond Brite French Gray finish / Flagstone Coping / 30ft weeping wall with 7 stations plumbed / Salt Finish Deck / Pentair EasyTouch Controls / Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump / Pentair D.E. Filter 60sft / Polaris Automatic Pool Sweep w/ Booster Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

And the gunite is complete. PB said we will start stone work next Monday.

4. Back To Top    #4

Man it's looking great!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Love when the pools get gunite! Really brings it to life
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks we are excited. It's getting really hot over 100 expected this week. Are small hairline cracks in the gunite inevitable even with consistent watering?

7. Back To Top    #7

PB text - all the rocks will be delivered tomorrow and stone work will start! Can't wait.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by daveooph View Post
    PB text - all the rocks will be delivered tomorrow and stone work will start! Can't wait.
    Stone arrived but they haven't started working. Curious how much stone other people's pools required so please chime in????

Looking at the moss rock that doesn't appear to be enough to cover the back weeping wall. I know they can always bring in more if needed, but it just appears one pallet wouldn't cover it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveooph View Post
    Thanks we are excited. It's getting really hot over 100 expected this week. Are small hairline cracks in the gunite inevitable even with consistent watering?

9. Back To Top    #9

Stone work has begun and the builder brought by final tile samples. Here is what we were deciding between....

And we whittled it down to these three....

We are trying to go for a natural look but still want some color. So we have decided that we like Matinique Ocean Blue. This is an upgraded tile.....of course it is. anyone have experience with what we should expect to pay as an up charge?

10. Back To Top    #10

All beautiful!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

11. Back To Top    #11

Double guessing every decision throughout this build, soooo why not change the tile last second.

This is suppose to go in today

12. Back To Top    #12

Re: In Progress - Near Lake Lewisville (Lots of Pics)

Tile went in today and I am very happy with the last minute selection we made. They also did the coping and started on the weeping wall.

The builder said they would be doing more of the stone work tomorrow.

13. Back To Top    #13

Very nice last minute tile choice! It looks great!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

14. Back To Top    #14

Very nice!!!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

15. Back To Top    #15

Beautiful tile choice and build! Love how the pool complements the house and property.

12K Gallon IG Lap Pool (c. 2001)
    6.6 ft x 48 ft/White Plaster/Concrete
    Pentair Superflo VS Pump 2.0 HP/Sand Filter
    Dolphin S300i Robot/SolarBreeze Robot
    TFT-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

NICE picks!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

What plaster will you be using?

Poor PB with the dirt from the water.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    NICE picks!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

What plaster will you be using?

Poor PB with the dirt from the water.

Kim
    I know I felt so bad. He spent a week out there with his son digging it out. He jokes and told me he couldn't wait to get to gunite and that he was having nightmares....probably some truth though.

We are going with French Gray from diamond brite. Might add a little of the onyx to darken it further but have not decided. It's really hard to tell what the water color will be like. All the pictures I have found online look different.

18. Back To Top    #18

Your pool is coming together beautifully, great choices all around, and I love the huge backyard!
    Rectangular pool 28x16 and spa 8x7, 17,000 gallons, IG, Tropics Blue Mini-Pebble, Jandy 60 DE filter, saltwater cell, Jandy VS pump, 1.5 hp Jandy spa pump, 400k heater, 5' Sheer Descent with 1 hp Jandy pump, Jandy color LED lights. Build Thread

19. Back To Top    #19

Hi Dave -

Great pool build - I'm enjoying all of your selections! Which tile did you end up with? We are torn between NPT's Gemstone Blue, Coral Blue and Oceans Blue. (The first two have wide shade variations, while Oceans is more consistent.) Your tile selection is exactly what I have in mind for our remodel. Can't wait to see yours filled and finished!

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by LizW View Post
    Hi Dave -

Great pool build - I'm enjoying all of your selections! Which tile did you end up with? We are torn between NPT's Gemstone Blue, Coral Blue and Oceans Blue. (The first two have wide shade variations, while Oceans is more consistent.) Your tile selection is exactly what I have in mind for our remodel. Can't wait to see yours filled and finished!
    The tile is NPT Coral Teal (CRL TEAL). So it appears on the NPT site it is the same style as the Coral Blue. Things always look different on the computer screen, but I will say the 2 up close pictures I took of the tile installed is exactly what it looks like in person.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast